Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

Pivot Chart(3 dim + 1 Exp)- issue in sorting by expression

Hi All,

This issue is really seems to be an ache

I have three dimensions - T_Date Region Currency across whcih need to do the calculation as sum(Val) .

The sorting manner required is as follows: first sort on T_Date (Descending) -> sort on sum(Val) Descending order.

Pic1.jpg

Date is getting sorted but the Net value is not getting sorted in Descending order, kindly help .

I tried below options but no luck :

• in sort-> t_Date -> text (Z-> A)
  • Region -> exprerssion -> aggr(sum(Val),T_Date) ->Descending

I am attaching the Qvw file and the source as well.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

In Sort > Region use instead:

Sum(TOTAL <Region> Val)

That will return:

qcomPivotSortTOTAL.PNG.png

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Miguel for your quick response and your time,really appreciate you.

The rquirement is :-

1) the date to be sorted in Descending order - so it should be 12/20/2014 - 11/15/2014

2) Net value ->in Descending order ,here too its failing as you can see in  -> 11/15/2014-> X-> Net value not getting sorted in Descending order.

testsort001.png

I tried many ways out as well spoke to many Qlikview experts but no solution, is it not possible in Pivot to sort by Expression ?

Thanks,

Gargi

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Pivot is not sort-friendly. I have tried an alternate with Dual() in calculated dimension.

Check attached sample. Hope this helps you with an idea.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Check attached (using QlikView 11.20 SR9):

qcomPivotSortTOTAL.PNG.png

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Miguel for the solution its working fine on this ,but breaking on more than 2 dates , for more simpler explaination I have changed to year-Month . When it is collapsed it should be sorted on Dim- Year Month(Descending) ,but when Yesr-Month Dim is expanded the sorting should be done on expression(Descending)which is not happening.

Screenshot_1.png

The date is not getting sorted in descending order.

Hi Tresco ,

Thanks to you for your solution but it too breaking at the same ,more than two dates its failing. So can you look around with more set of records.

Attaching the updated Qvw file with more records.

Thanks,

Gargi