Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot Chart- Calculation time when using Variables to hide Dimensions

Hi all. I have a Pivot Chart where the dimensions are calculated depending on whats in a variable e.g. 'when Variable1='1' then Dimension1, when Variable1='2'  then Dimension2' etc etc. This works correctly.

My issue is with the calculation time. If the user changes the variable from say 1 to 2 it takes quiet along time for the table to refresh. It currently says in the Sheet properties that the calculation time for the chart is '9641'. Which i presume is a lot?

Before i added the calculated dimension it worked perfectly.  Whats confusing me even more is that when i actually just move the Pivot Chart from one position on the sheet to another (a simple drag) the table refreshes / reloads.

Is there some setting i can turn off to stop this refresh constantly happening? Or make the Pivot Chart more efficient?

thanks in advance

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Maybe you can upload an example of your doc so that the good folks here in the community can take a look and see if they spot anything interesting?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for getting back to me Johannes. Example attached below.

If you try chaning the period or simply move the table it takes some time to respond.

thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Anyone have any ideas?!!!

prodanov
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Try this function to calculate dimension:

=pick(Variable1,one_month_grade

,two_month_grade

,Three_month_grade

,Four_month_grade

,Five_month_grade

,Six_month_grade

,Seven_month_grade

,Eight_month_grade

,Nine_month_grade

,Ten_month_grade

,Eleven_month_grade

,Twelve_month_grade

)

By the way on my computer report work fine. Restart computer and try again.