cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greend21
Creator III
Creator III

Pivot No Longer Showing Information

My pivot table randomly stopped showing information. I have an older version of the document saved and it does show the information in that version. I have not edited these tables or sheets in any way in my update and I cannot figure out why the information will not show. I have the same result even if I copy and paste the working pivot into the qvw with the broken pivot.  Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

The table viewer still shows the data in the tables.

5 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

It looks like the Pivot chart is corrupted. It did happened to me before on few charts. I created a new chart with same dimensions and expressions in the same qvw and it worked. Hope this helps.

greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Unfortunately that did not work. It actually affects all 3 pivots on the the sheet. There are then tabs to show/hide the pivot depending on which you click. It would seem like the filters somehow got messed up but I have not been able to identify anything.

Colin-Albert

What version of QlikView are you using?

Can you add a Current Selections box to see if that shows if any filters are active?

Are there any hidden fields that could affect the chart?

What do you mean by "My pivot table randomly stopped showing information"

Are the dimensions showing anyything? Are the expressions showing anything?

What happens if you convert the chart to a straight table?

greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I just figured it out and what you suggest is basically what I did. I unhid fields and saw that a slider was no longer fitlering. Somehow the trigger on the slider got deleted. Once I replaced it everything worked.

Both the dimensions and expression were showing blank.

Colin-Albert

Triggers can often be the cause for things behaving strangley