Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pivot Table Expand / Collapse All

Is there any way for collapsing and expanding the levels in a pivot table in their entirity without having to right click and then expand/collapse all?

Thanks

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Adrian

Why do you find the right click and then expand/collapse all unsatisfactory ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I want to make it easier for the user

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I think it is possible with macro and calling it when a button is clicked.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Can you please provide me a sample macro to collapse all fields of a pivot table. I could not find it anywhere.

petra_ds
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, please me too. I dont find any macro. Is there also some functionality, not only collaps / expanse all fields, but only some fileds starting on the column, I actually use? Something similar as it was possible in qlik view???

sangland2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Bill, I have many sheets with many pivot tables. I want to be sure that when I save the qvw that all are fully collapsed and ready for users. Found the macro below in another post. This works to change the AlwaysFullyExpanded option to false but does not actually Collapse All. The saved qvw retains expanded columns and they appear like this when users open the model from the access point. Is there a solution for this ?

Sub collapsePivotTable

CollapsePivot("CH50")

End Sub

Function CollapsePivot (objectID)

Set chart = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(objectID)

set ch=chart.GetProperties

ch.TableProperties.PivotAlwaysFullyExpanded=false

chart.SetProperties ch

End Function

maxime66
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Another way consists to Hide/Unhide dimensions according to a variable...

thomaslg_wq
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

For those who are still looking for it : How to Get QlikView Pivot Charts to Behave – Everything in its Place

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately the print screens aren't available anymore. Im still looking for solution to expanding/collapsing all. Any help?