Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot Table & cyclic expression

Hi

I don't understand why in a pivot table I can't swap between different expression grouped as in straight table.

What is the best solution to solve this issue ?

Regards

JJ

4 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I assume your pivot table is a crosstable and that the expression group is the only expression so you don't see the cycle icon because the expression label is automatically suppressed, right?

If that's the case then you would think there would be an option to undo the automatic suppression, but the only solution seems to be to add an additional empty expression so that the expression label and cycle icon appear.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karl, very tricky

I got this :

Do you think it's possible to hide the "blank" column ? My expression is =' '

Thanks for your help

JJ

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Mmm.. you can't seem to hide it but you can eliminate the border by either going to presentation tab and disabling the Vertical Expression Cell Borders option, or by using the Custom Cell Format Tool to remove the border on one side.

Regards.

AnthonyBuck
Contributor
Contributor

A blank expression, brilliant! I also labelled the expression with a space so it doesn't display the =' ' 

Excellent solution to my problem, there are lots of Cyclic buttons on the pivot table, but it works a treat!

Removing the cell borders, playing with alignment and  column widths have made my interactive pivot table work perfectly.

Thank you.