Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
Announcing the newest addition to the Qlik Community, Qlik Gallery! Learn More
Not applicable

Pivot table

Hi all,

I am new to qlikview can anybody help me on the below task..

I am importing data from Sap tables the data in the table is like below

Material Material Group Calmonth Quantity

M1         MG1              Jan           10

M2         MG2              Feb           10

M3         MG3              Mar           10

I need to show the data in Pivot table as month wise

Jan                                                          | Feb                                                            | Mar

Material |  Material Group |Quantity            Material|   Material Group| Quantity                     Material |  Material Group| Quantity

M1           MG1                    10                 M2           MG2        10                                      M3           MG3                10 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
richard_chilvers
Valued Contributor

Re: Pivot table

Kishore

It depends how new you are to QV.

So to clarify, load the data as you describe. Then create a Chart, with Pivot Table style. Your dimensions with (probably) be Material, Material Group and Calmonth. Your expression will (probably) be SUM(Quantity).

When your pivot table is displayed you can 'drag' a dimension column up above the quantity column to create the display you look for.

BR

5 Replies
mato32188
Contributor III

Hi kishore,

create pivot table with dimensions and expressions like usual and then drag and drop month dimension above your expression.

BR

M

richard_chilvers
Valued Contributor

Kishore

It depends how new you are to QV.

So to clarify, load the data as you describe. Then create a Chart, with Pivot Table style. Your dimensions with (probably) be Material, Material Group and Calmonth. Your expression will (probably) be SUM(Quantity).

When your pivot table is displayed you can 'drag' a dimension column up above the quantity column to create the display you look for.

BR

Not applicable

i am unable to drag the column above the expression column

i am trying to do this in after displaying the pivot table in sheet am i going correct way

mato32188
Contributor III

presentation tab - allow drag and drop, have you marked it?

Not applicable

Hi Kishore,

please find the attachment.

I hope this will help you.