Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Placing buttons in container tabs, conditional visibility

Hello everyone,

I have a one-dimension pie chart that I have restricted to only show the first 15 Values. Every other value falls under 'Other', and clicking on Other reveals the next 15 values.

I wanted to install a Back button in the pie chart legend that would allow me to navigate back to the top 15 values. It would therefore have the same functionality of the arrow you see in the legend when you have a drill-down group as a dimension.

My problem is that the pie chart is within a container with three tabs. When I click on another tab, the Back button remains visible and gets in the way of my other charts/tables.

Does anyone know how I can set the Back button to only be visible when I am in the pie chart tab?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cfz
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Andrew,

You can try to put transparent buttons on top of the container tabs, associated to the buttons you can put an action that changes the value of a variable.Then you can put a conditional show on the Back button depending of the value of the variable.

I hope it helps.

Carlos

View solution in original post

11 Replies
cfz
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Andrew,

You can try to put transparent buttons on top of the container tabs, associated to the buttons you can put an action that changes the value of a variable.Then you can put a conditional show on the Back button depending of the value of the variable.

I hope it helps.

Carlos

maxgro
MVP
MVP

perhaps it helps

create a grid container (2x1 or 1x2)

add the pie chart and the button

add this new container to the existing container

container     --> tab1

--> tab2

--> tab3 = grid container     --> pie chart

--> button

Not applicable
Author

Hi Carlos,

I like this idea, would you mind providing an example of the formulas for the conditional show? I am very new

Not applicable
Author

Does anyone else know what this formula would look like?

Not applicable
Author

For the buttons, you would need to give them an action to set the value for a variable you set.

Then for the container, go to the layout tab of presentation and set show to "conditional" and link it to the appropriate variable

Not applicable
Author

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your response. I understand what you mean, but my problem is I am so new that I don't even know how 'to give them an action to set the value for a variable you set'. Would you mind explaining this a little further?

I'm very new to Qlikview

Not applicable
Author

Its no problem at all, can you share your qvw and maybe I can be a little more helpful?

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately my business will not allow me to share the qvw at this time, but thank you so much for offering to help.

I will try to figure out independently how to create an invisible button on the container tab, with an action to set the value of a variable.

Not applicable
Author

Create a variable:

Go to settings-> variable overview and add a variable

Create a text object (this will be the button), give it an action to set the value of a variable (its under the external category)

Then, go to the layout of your button to conditionally show it based on whatever you named your variable