Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Please HELP Alerts shows pop up no mail

Hi Experts,

Sorry to harrass I just can not figure this out , I have a few Alerts sets to show pop ups under certain conditions and send a mail to specific receipients . It was working but it has suddenly stopped.

The pop up still shows but no longer asks to send mail !! Has anyone any idea of what it may be ???

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated !

Thanks

A

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Just wanted to give a bit more info incase it helps, my user preferences test mail still sends ok

Not applicable
Author

If the pop-up is still occuring then I guess the alert conditions are still being met OK.

Has something changed re the email server? First check the user preferences (ctrl&alt&u) under the 'mail' tab are still set OK - if so click test to check.

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Replies clashed

Are the alert mail parameters simple or do they use for example values in variables etc?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gordon

Thanks for your reply

1)I did a test on the User preferences Mail tab and I received the mail ok !!!

2)The pop up does fire so I agree that the conditions must be ok

3)I have a LIVE dashboard on a server and I was advised that the server was changing -- But as the TEST mails still work I didnt think this was the cause of my issue --- to test this , I saved down a copy of Dashboard not on server ( directly on my drive) and this still did not trigger the mails.

4) Im not really sure what you mean re

"Are the alert mail parameters simple or do they use for example values in variables etc? "

But the Alert condition is simple

min([Status of the Error (Open / Closed)]='Open' and (today()-[Date the Error was discovered])>30)

and the only place I set any mail settings was user preferences ( It had been working but now not !!)

I am stumped ny advise gretly appreciated !

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gordon

Thanks for response -- Seems to be something wrong with website and my earlier reply did not post !!!

1) My User Preferences mail settings have not been changed and when I press test I receive the mails !!

2) I agree as the pop up fires it must be something to do with my mail settings

3) The QV access point has been changed BUT to test my issue I saved down a copy of Dashboard to my S drive and not on server and tried to fire Alert and same issue pop up triggered but no mail notification !!!!

Thanks for your time and any advise greatly appreciated

A

Not applicable
Author

Given (3) I would suspect its something in the mail parameters that are causing the problem - are they simple?

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

... if they are simple what happens if you de-select the 'pop-up' so that just the email should send?

Not applicable
Author

Im sorry Im not sure what you mean by mail parameters ( still learning!!)

The only mail settings I have ever set are in user preferences ? Is this the info you require ?

Not applicable
Author

Hey Gordon

Recent discovery.....

As each Personal user logs in through the new access point the first AND ONLY the first time they log in they are asked to update the User preferences with mail info,

Once thats done they have the options to send the mails off !!!

The next time they log in the pop up is firing but not mention of the mails !!!!  -- There is no delay on Alert conditions !!!! Any advice ???