Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Poor quality when copying image to clipboard

When I copy an image of a chart to the clipboard the quality of the image is not very good.  Is there a way to copy a higher resolution of the chart image?

Thanks

Greg

9 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

use snipping tool

Regards,

Prashant

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Greg,

look at this: https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4315

you can use this cool macro to export your images and they do look great

i hope that helps

beck

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

are u using a macro for copying the chart to clipboard and exporting or are you doing it manually?

where do you paste the chart? Into a power point-doc or e.g. to paint?

In PP e.g. there a several paste methods available and if you are using the wrong one the the quality of the pasted chart is very bad....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am manually copying images of charts into Microsoft Word.  I hadn't tried Paint before and the quality looks a lot better but there is more work involved.  I would prefer just to be able to copy an image and paste it directly into Word or PowerPoint as this is what the Qlikview feature is intended for.  I assumed there must be a default setting in Qlikview  that you could change to improve the resolution.  It seems silly to have such low quality images of charts as they are unusable.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Greg

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

They should be OK if you zoom them back to 100% in the destination system (word etc), this is from memory but doesn't Qlik do something stupid like export out at 75% or something.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Greg,

if you choose Copy to Clipboard-->Image and the just ctrl+v you get a low quality image.

If you instead use paste special and choose bitmap in word, then it will be a better quality on the image.

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

have a look at the attached gif:

Aufnahme_2017_03_15_11_45_28_44.gif