Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Prediction function in QlikView

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any function in QlikView which can predict, what data will be in the future in relation of data pattern?

I have already google it, but I didn't find anything useful. Maybe I wasn't looking with correct string.

Thank you,

Luka S.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Luka - Have you tried using Forecast option (works for charts) in the Axes tab. Here is the definition from the documentation.

Forecast

By checking this box and entering an integer in the edit

box, you force the x-axis to be extended to the right of the

actual data points plotted. This is useful when using trendlines.

The forecast line will be dotted.

Hope this helps!

Cheers - DV

View solution in original post

25 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Luka - Have you tried using Forecast option (works for charts) in the Axes tab. Here is the definition from the documentation.

Forecast

By checking this box and entering an integer in the edit

box, you force the x-axis to be extended to the right of the

actual data points plotted. This is useful when using trendlines.

The forecast line will be dotted.

Hope this helps!

Cheers - DV

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much!

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Luka - You are welcome! I am also attaching an example of using Forecast. I hope it will be useful.

Cheers - DV

Not applicable
Author

Hi DV

Just looking at same ,

I have a line chart which has Expression date and the demensions are Number of activities and Number of people.

If I wanted to forecast on my chart I need to check forecast button and now when you say integer ( Im sorry my background is not maths !!) what would that need to say as such ?

Can you help me

Not applicable
Author

Oh sorry DV

I meant to say I can not open your file as I only have personal edition at the moment !!

So I couldnt just go in and try and figure it out!!

Thanks

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Integer can be any number. In my example we are using month as dimension and I had used 4 as an example to predict the values for next 4 months. Sameway based on your requirement you can enter a number. I hope this is what you need.

Cheers - DV

Not applicable
Author

Hi DV

My Dates (Demension) are based on days and I have put 15 ( looking to get a further 15 days forecast) when I apply it to chart the X axis just extends but the plotting on the graph does not change , do I need to calculated the forcast manually ?

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Mate,

Please look at the attached screenshot. I think you have not enabled the Trendline option. I have selected Linear as an option, based on your requirement you can select one of them.

Hope this helps!

Cheers - DV

Screenshot.png

Not applicable
Author

Perfect DV

Thanks