Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Present actual vs budget

Hi all,

I have 5 factories, all have a score on 20 subjects. The maximum score on each of the 20 subjects is 5, but the "budgetted" score can be lower than 5. I have created a bar chart with dimension "subjects" and expression "Only([Score])" which gives me an overview of how things are for each factory. However, this bar chart does not include how far each factory is away from budget.

Reference lines don't seem to work, because the budget is different for each subject, or am I wrong here?

Thanks for you help!

Kind regards,

Stijn

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can u attach yur qvw file that will be helpful

Thanks

Vivek

Not applicable
Author

I've added the file. Please note that I'm a personal user

Thanks for your quick reply!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am not able to find bar chart you have created

Thanks

Vivek

Not applicable
Author

Can you see it now?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use a line chart and add another expression for budget .So you can easily identify the diffrence

Thanks

Vivek

Not applicable
Author

That's definitely a possiblity, thanks for that! However, is it possible to have some kind of Gauge chart to visualize this? So instead of the bars, I get a Gauge chart for each subject. In other words: a bar chart, but with Gauge charts instead of bars.

Thanks a lot for your replies!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This can be possible in straight or Pivot table where in Expression Tab u have option to create gauge charts for each subject ,under representation(Display Options).

Thanks

Vivek

Not applicable
Author

Great! It works superb when the budgetted value is always equal to the same number. But when it differs for each option, Qlikview gives an error: "Bad Min or Max in Gauge"... I've added an updated qvw.

Edit: The budgetted value is always greater than the As is value, so that can't be the problem

Thanks!