Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Previous and Next Values In Bar Chart

Hello community,

I have a bar chart with about 100+ values. I want to show only 10 values on the screen and use "Previous" and "Next" buttons to display other values.

I have tried using a variable to get this done (see attached document), but i suppose I'm missing out something.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Khaled

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why not simply enable the x-axis scrollbar? It has < and > buttons you can use to show previous / next values.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks.

I could (and already did so) but the requirement is to be able to select first 10,then next 10 and so on using a button.

- Khaled.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can limit the no. of bars to be displayed using the following property in the "Dimension Limits" tab.

Select "Restrict  which values are displayed using the first expression" and select the options according to your requirement.

-Siva Dandu

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks, that would still not give me next and previous values as required since I can only specify one value in that dialog box.

-Khaled.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I've cobbled together something.  It uses a field selections to show the bars. If you have Qlikview 11 maybe you can use a state too, so the selection wouldn't affect other objects. Since I used a field I can't use the sorting of the chart. That limits its usefulness, but I've not yet found a way to manipulate the chart directly to achieve what you want.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Dear Gysbert,

Thank you for the response

It certainly works, but I was trying for something that works without having to use a macro.

Thank you again for the effort.

Best Regards,

-Khaled.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Something like this may help you:

http://community.qlik.com/message/269981#269981

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

hai