Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem connecting to MS Access Database

Hi,

I'm new to QlikView and Access databases and have hit a problem when trying to connect to the Northwind.mdb practice database.

The error returned is.... "SQL##f - SqlState: IM003, ErrorCode: 160, ErrorMsg: Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126: The specified module could not be found. (Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb), C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\ACEODBC.DLL).

31-08-13 19-25-11.jpg

Does anyone have an idea how I may resolve this problem ?

Thanks

PS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kedar_dandekar
Creator
Creator

Hi Phil,

Looking at the error snapshot you pasted, it appears that you are trying to connect to Access DB from a 64 bit machine. Assuming you have a 32 bit 'Access ODBC' driver installed on your machine, I would suggest the following:

- Please try by checking the "Force 32-bit" check-box, this check-box is located right under the "ODBC/OLEDB" drop down provided for databases, from within your 64-bit environment.

- Then click on Connect and you will be able to configure and specify a 32-bit ODBC data source for your MS Access database.

Force32Bit.png

Test if this works..

HTH,

KD

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kedar_dandekar
Creator
Creator

Hi Phil,

Looking at the error snapshot you pasted, it appears that you are trying to connect to Access DB from a 64 bit machine. Assuming you have a 32 bit 'Access ODBC' driver installed on your machine, I would suggest the following:

- Please try by checking the "Force 32-bit" check-box, this check-box is located right under the "ODBC/OLEDB" drop down provided for databases, from within your 64-bit environment.

- Then click on Connect and you will be able to configure and specify a 32-bit ODBC data source for your MS Access database.

Force32Bit.png

Test if this works..

HTH,

KD

Not applicable
Author

Many thanks. That was exactly the problem.

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Phil

dirk1955
Creator
Creator

Hi,

This is indeed the correct solution, but: WHY IS THE CONNECTION SO SLOW?

I have this connection problem since I have installed windows 8.1 pro and office 2013 on my new PC.

Kind regards

Dirk

dirk1955
Creator
Creator

Hi,

If you make your connection like this in windows 8.1 and office 2013 it works like a charm.

Step1: Select" OLE DB" and "Force 32bit"

screenshot.1.jpg

Step 2: "select "Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider"

screenshot.2.jpg

Step3: Select the path for your database,

screenshot.3.jpg

Step 4: test the connection

screenshot.4.jpg

Then you get a connection line that looks like this:

"OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;User ID=admin;Data Source=C:\Offline Rekening Overzicht\data.mdb;Mode=Share Deny None;Extended Properties="";Jet OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=1;Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet OLEDB:New Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False];"

Hope's this helps.

Dirk