Not applicable

Problem in Set analysis expression

Hi all,

I have a Data like

OrderDateRegionRepItemSales  unitsUnit CostTotal Sales
1/6/14EastJonesPencil95       1.99        189.05
1/23/14CentralKivellBinder50     19.99        999.50
2/9/14CentralJardinePencil36       4.99

I want to extract the sales of 2014 by using set analysis in gauge chart, i wrote the expression like as below

sum( {$<Year(OrderDate)={2014}>}[Total Sales])

but it didn't work. Please help me .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can only use field names on the left side of a set modifier, not an expression like Year(OrderDate).

Try this: sum( {$<OrderDate={'=Year(OrderDate)=2014'}>}[Total Sales])

A better solution is to create a year field in the script, i.e. Year(OrderDate) as OrderYear, and use that in the expression: sum( {$<Year={2014}>}[Total Sales])

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can only use field names on the left side of a set modifier, not an expression like Year(OrderDate).

Try this: sum( {$<OrderDate={'=Year(OrderDate)=2014'}>}[Total Sales])

A better solution is to create a year field in the script, i.e. Year(OrderDate) as OrderYear, and use that in the expression: sum( {$<Year={2014}>}[Total Sales])

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for marking the correct answer here. Gysbert always has good ideas and advice. I hope it's helpful for your progress.

You can also follow top contributors like Gysbert to see some of the other discussions and content they are creating.

Best Regards, Sara

pratap6699
Creator
Creator

make this date conversion in script level like Load Year(orderdate) as year resident of tablename; chart exp--> sum({<year={2014}>}sales)

[or]

chart exp-->Sum({<orderdate={'=Year(orderdate)=2014'}>}sales)