Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem on Section Access

Hi All,

I have 3 data files DemandQ, AllocatedQ, CRD

DemandQ consists  Project Number, Project Name, L3 Manager, Pool, Jan, Dec, Nov

AllocatedQ consists Project Number, Project Name, Month, Act_DMD, Act_Alloc

CRD consists Project Number, Project Name, Nov,Dec,Jan

Please somebody look into this issue, it's urgent requirement.

I need help on this, Anyone can look into this and give me solution.

Please respond somebody

Here i did development based on my requirement but i'm unable to create section access.

My req is pool in DemandQ data is like ecic-ram-arun, here ecic is the high level manager and ram is next level manager and arun is submanger to ram, i have to take pool as username and password and if i login as ecic total data should show like as follows

Capture.PNG.png

and if login as ecic-ram then only ram and his subordinates like ecic-ram-arun, ecic-ram-arun-rasv, ecic-ram-john, ecic-ram-john-qvm, ecic-ram-raju and ecic-ram data only should show as follows

Capture.PNG.png

Like that for every pool manager only their data and their sub manager's data should show.

I tried it using section access but i'm getting errors, Please someone take this issue and give me solution.

i created hidden script, to edit hidden script you should login  Userid: admin, pwd: admin and hidden script pwd is : 123

Please anybody take a look into this issue, i'm attaching my data files and QVW.

thanks,

Chiru

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

First you need a Key in the Data Model and Access to table to reduce the data on that qvw.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dathu,

Thanks for your reply

But didn't get your suggestion , Please Give me solution with sample QVW.

Thanks,

Chiru

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You can check this post out http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2012/10/02/complex-authorization also the attach might help.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.