Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giobby85
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Problem to Sum field at different date

Hello,  I am new in qlik.

I am developing a report to summarize some metrics (table "Report"). I have a problem with the total cost of material.  Each products has costs, table "Products" shows that product 110101 has at 2013 a costs and at 2014 costs.  In report I would sum the total cost of the products for a specific YearsInvoiceDate(example 2013), in reality, It sum both the costs at 2013 and 2014 for a specific "YearInvoicedate". YearInvoceData is a fiel into table "Invoice"
The cost of material expression is Sum( [Invoiced Quantity]* [Matirial Cost] ).

Thank you

domanda.png

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, I think this will be a lot easier if you create the cost in script, you can do a mapping table to apply costs:

// Load costs from products table
mapProductCost:
Mapping LOAD
  ProductID &'_'&YearProductCost,
  ProductCost
Resident Products;

//Apppy cost when loading invoices
Invoices:
LOAD ..., // fields
  [Invoiced Quantity]* Applymap('mapProductCost', [Product ID]&'_'&YearInvoicedate) as ProductCost
From/Resident...

Field names for invoices may be others, it should be the name they have in origin.

View solution in original post

rubenmarin

Hi, then use "year([Invoice Data])": // It should be Date instead of Data?

Invoices:
LOAD [Invoice Number],

[Invoiced Quantity]* Applymap('mapProductCost', [Product ID]&'_'& year([Invoice Data])) as ProductCostYear,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

can you share a sample data and the expected output ?

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
rubenmarin

Hi, I think this will be a lot easier if you create the cost in script, you can do a mapping table to apply costs:

// Load costs from products table
mapProductCost:
Mapping LOAD
  ProductID &'_'&YearProductCost,
  ProductCost
Resident Products;

//Apppy cost when loading invoices
Invoices:
LOAD ..., // fields
  [Invoiced Quantity]* Applymap('mapProductCost', [Product ID]&'_'&YearInvoicedate) as ProductCost
From/Resident...

Field names for invoices may be others, it should be the name they have in origin.

giobby85
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Looks a nice solution but does not work. it says Field 'YearInvoiceData' not found, maybe because, I define yearInvoiceData as year([Invoice Data])

My code:

Mapping ...

InvoicesHeader:
LOAD [Invoice Number],

Year([Invoice Date]) as YearInvoiceData
FROM

Invoices:
LOAD [Invoice Number],

[Invoiced Quantity]* Applymap('mapProductCost', [Product ID]&'_'& YearInvoiceData) as ProductCostYear,

rubenmarin

Hi, then use "year([Invoice Data])": // It should be Date instead of Data?

Invoices:
LOAD [Invoice Number],

[Invoiced Quantity]* Applymap('mapProductCost', [Product ID]&'_'& year([Invoice Data])) as ProductCostYear,