Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with Scatter chart

Hello all,

I want to create a scatter chart but I am facing lots of difficulties. I have some age ranges of our customers (20-30,30-40,40-50 etc) and I want to see in a scatter chart, all of those purchases in terms of Price amount. For example, by the 1-1-2013, 1000 purchases have happened. I want to see 1000 dots in a chart, where every dot will have a color that represents the age range, the X-axis will be amount of purchase and the Y-axis will be the time.

This way, I want to see, which are the price gatherings in the different age ranges cross time.

I have done everything, please help me a little bit.

I have attached an example I have found that looks like the one I want to create.

Thanks

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add purchase_id (?) as first dimension and the age rage as second dimension. On the presentation tab choose Only Symbols as Representation so only dots will be shown and no lines between dots.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply. What about the expressions?

Not applicable
Author

In the Y-Axis I want to put the amount of money and in the X-Axis I want to put time.

I am trying with Date or day(Date) or month(Date) but it doesn't work for some reason. You can see below what I get back.

scatter1.PNG