Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edemerdjieva
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Problem with set analysis in sum function

Hi all,

I have a chart which displays a list of vouchers and their usage. KPIs include : issue amount, amount used and remaining amount.

The goal is to display a list of vouchers used within a period of dates. Attached is an image which represents the underlaying data and the chart.

KPI expressions:

Issue amount = sum({<[Usage date]={">=$(v_UsageDateStart) <=$(v_UsageDateEnd)"}>} Issue Amount)

Amount usedsum({<[Usage date]={">=$(v_UsageDateStart) <=$(v_UsageDateEnd)"}>} Amount Used)

Remaining Amount = Issue amount  - Amount used

The problem is with the "Amount Used" because it takes into account only usages occuring within the date selection.  The client wants that it includes all usages per voucher occuring until the $(v_UsageDateEnd).

I tried using TOTAL in the expression but it's not working (same result as previously)

Amount used = sum(TOTAL<[Voucher Code]> {<[Usage date]={">=$(v_UsageDateStart) <=$(v_UsageDateEnd)"}>} Amount Used)

The following is not working either because it modifies the perimeter of the search :

Amount used = sum({<[Usage date]={"<=$(v_UsageDateEnd)"}>} Amount Used)

I was thinking about Aggr() function but not sure how to implement it.

Thank you in advance for the advice!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

How about this...

If(Column(1) <> 0,
RangeSum(
 Sum({<[Usage date] = {">=$(v_UsageDateStart)<=$(v_UsageDateEnd)"}>} [Issue Amount]),
 -Sum(TOTAL <[Voucher Code]> {<[Usage date] = {"<=$(v_UsageDateEnd)"}>} [Amount Used])
))

View solution in original post

17 Replies
sunny_talwar

So, for Amount Used, you want to see 4.7 + 35 for Voucher Code 111?

edemerdjieva
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

This is the idea but only for KPI Remaining Amount. 

For voucher 111 we should have :

Used Amount (only within the search periode) = 4.7

Remaining Amount = 10.3  (50 - 35 - 4.7)

sunny_talwar

So, this should work... I think

RangeSum(
 Sum({<[Usage date] = {">=$(v_UsageDateStart)<=$(v_UsageDateEnd)"}>} [Issue Amount]),
 -Sum({<[Usage date] = {"<=$(v_UsageDateEnd)"}>} [Amount Used])
)
edemerdjieva
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I tried this expression but then all usages are displayed (even those outside the date range).

sunny_talwar

Can you share a screenshot of when you use this expression?

edemerdjieva
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Here it is. 

sunny_talwar

May be do this

If(Column(1) <> 0,
RangeSum(
 -Sum({<[Usage date] = {"<=$(v_UsageDateEnd)"}>} [Amount Used])
))
edemerdjieva
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Now there is only the usage within the date range but remaining amount should be 0 (image attached).

sunny_talwar

I don't think I understand the problem with the most recent image... what is wrong here?

image.png