Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems installing QV Desktop on Windows 8, 32-bit, x64 based

Hi guys,

I have recently started a new job and after many emails, I have been granted permission by our central IT department to locally install QV Desktop on my PC.

My PC has the following system spec.:

QV problems.JPG

We have tried to install QlikViewDesktop_Win8andUp.exe, QlikViewDesktop_x64Setup.exe (these 2 are 64-bit so do not work). 

We have tried QlikViewDesktop_x86Setup.exe but this didn't work either.  We have tried to alter the compatabilty mode to Windows 7 but still get the following:

QV problems 1.JPG

So, have anybody any ideas as to how to get Qlikview Desktop to work on a Windows 8, 32-bit, x64-based processor or will I have to live without the joys of QV?? 

All help is very welcome!

Cheers,

Alan

8 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You may have a 64 bit processor, but you are running 32 bit Windows. 32bit (X86) Windows is no longer supported by QV from Windows 8 on.

You will need to upgrade to 64 bit Windows 8 - which your hardware most likely supports.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately, not the answer I was hoping for though! My IT department do not want to upgrade me to a different Windows version.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps someone needs to tell them we are in the 21st century

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

You hit the Nail on the head! 

But I'm a very little fish in a very big pond so just have to take it for the time being...

Thanks anyway!

Not applicable
Author

I am also getting the same error message if I try to install the QV Desktop x64 version in Windows x64. I successfully installed QlikSence in this machine.

Assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi James,

Sorry to hear you're having the same issues.

How did you manage to get Qlik Sense ?  Any particular tips or tricks?

MarcoWedel

Hi,

try with QlikViewDesktop_x86Setup.exe and "Windows 7" compatibility mode:

Re: Have you ever had problems installing QlikView?

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

HI Marco,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I had tried to follow the info from that discussion but without success.

QV problems 2.JPG

I'm not very technical myself when it comes to these issues but am guessing this is all the result of a poor standard of default PCs / Operating system at my company.

Thanks for you advice anyway!

Alan