Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hari8088
Creator
Creator

Production

Hi,

I have one application in development side with sql server data base.when i move this application into production the data base has been changed.

This type of situation how can we handle the situation

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

There are two methods to handle this.

Method 1:

Before migrating to Production you need to change the Connection string pointing to the Production database and deploy in the Production environment.

Method 2:

Maintain a configuration file, which has the Connect string details, Production configuration file should have Production Database details, where as Development side will have the Development database details.

Maintain this in a QVS (Qlikview Script file) and include this in your Scripting using the Include()

$(Include= Config.qvs);

Note: Your Config.qvs should contains your connection details, and this include statement will read the Connection string details dynamically from QVS file.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

There are two methods to handle this.

Method 1:

Before migrating to Production you need to change the Connection string pointing to the Production database and deploy in the Production environment.

Method 2:

Maintain a configuration file, which has the Connect string details, Production configuration file should have Production Database details, where as Development side will have the Development database details.

Maintain this in a QVS (Qlikview Script file) and include this in your Scripting using the Include()

$(Include= Config.qvs);

Note: Your Config.qvs should contains your connection details, and this include statement will read the Connection string details dynamically from QVS file.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

another one could be (with odbc) to just change the parameters of the data source in odbc admin; you have to use the same data source name for dev and prod

but I think the most used is jagan's Method 2 (external file)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Point to production database by changing the connection strings to production. Suggested by jagan