Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pulling data from Elastic Search

Hi,

Is it possible to pull data from Elastic Search into the QlikView data model?

I saw an older thread mentioning the possibility to do it in QlikView Expressor, however I see that application has been decommissioned - is there possibility within QlikView to connect to Elastic Search?

I have a data source and I cannot connect via OLEDB so my only options are web services or Elastic Search, the latter being preferred as I can pull more data.

Thanks.

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Birkir,

For Qlik Sense have you been able to do this with newer versions and is the scrolling getting better. The use case is that a customer has Elastic Search laying over a cancer registry and they would like to leverage Qlik alongside Elastic search. Let me know if you can.

Thanks,

Chris Sault 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Chris,

I have made no progress with this I have not worked on this project for a while.

Sorry for being of no help at all

Regards

Birkir

Not applicable
Author

no problem thanks anyways

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I do not think so. If you want to use the API "size and from" within elasticsearch, you will end up in the maximum limit of 10000 (default). The correct API for get all data from elasticsearch is the API "scroll".

And you cannot use the scroll_id in the URL because it is to long. The Qlik REST-Connector configuration is only for setting up paging within URLs.

It might be a way to send the scroll_id via body. But that would meen scripting. Maybe someone can help?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Birkir,

did you work on this again? I am also stucked in getting all data out of my elastic search db.

adambrian
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Mario,

did you solved this one? I'm also stuck.