cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC Reload Task is Taking then Normal manual load

Hi team

I am new user  to qlikview. i am facing multiple issues

• Reload through QMC is taking more time then manual reload.(Example Manual reload takes less then 1 min & OMC reload it will take 5 mins or more max time is 16 mins)
  • QMC is Very slow.
  • from one tab to another tab is taking time load the page  in QMC
  • One major issue is document log file say it success but in qmc shows as task is failed & before finishing of raw.qvw task other model.qvw task will start   and model Dependency on raw.

Does any one faced this kind issue..what is the work around to solve this issue.

excuse  my typos

thanks

kalyan

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kalyan,

To be able to help you with this would it be good to have some more information:

• First of all, is the client reload and the QMC reload done on the same machine or separate ones?
  • Can I assume that its the exact same document as section access, data sources, network differences all can make a difference.
  • What version are you running of the Qlikview server and are you using publisher or not?
  • Is it a dedicated QlikView server or are you running any other service on the same machine?
  • Do you get any changes in performance if you restarts the Qlikview service?
  • The document log only shows the documents reload but a server task can include some more steps making the task fail ex copy the document for publication, run a loop and reduce etc. It can also fail due to lacking the correct security level, making it impossible to create folders, new document etc. The source document can allos be locked for different kind of reasons, making the task fail. 
Not applicable
Author

thanks for the reply.

1. QMC reload and client reload running on same machine.
  2. Qlikview Server has dedicated machine there no other service running in it .
  3. i have restarted entire machine ..but not individual qlikview services.
  4. this issue starting pooping up from last 3 weeks before same task use to complete in 1 min
  5. where can i find server log and how to identify issue in it .
  6. we r not using publisher and Qlik view Version 11.20.11718.0 SR@ 64-bit edition(X64)
Not applicable
Author

after your mail  started looking for logs in server

i found server logs over here:C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log &

i found one wearied one of the logs creating a file of 5mb file

Log file name :Cluster_20150323

Please find the Error :

3/23/2015 00:00:02.8275237ErrorAn unexpected error occurred while trying to write file, C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\EDXResults\EDXResult_2ac83c49-5d45-4db4-a5d6-49ccbcbaa2c0.xml. Exception=System.Exception: Failed to open C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\EDXResults\EDXResult_2ac83c49-5d45-4db4-a5d6-49ccbcbaa2c0.xml with ReadWrite access after 8 retries. Exceptions=

The requested operation could not be completed due to a file system limitation

at QDSMain.Clustering.ClusterFileHandler.OpenFile(FileAccess fileAccess)

at QDSMain.Clustering.ClusterFile.Write(UInt32 timeoutSeconds)