Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davinfrost
Contributor III
Contributor III

QMC - does't load even though i used manual reload in qmc

hi guys, i want to ask some question, recently my server got bsod , and after that qmc doesnt work properly,

-when i click play button, nothing happened (qvw isnt reloaded)

-all last execution data became never

asdads.jpg

i did these step:

1. re-logon service
2. delete all history on Qliktech\DistributionService\TaskExecutionHistory
3. using qliktech backup on previous day
4. restart server
5. input inbound outbound port relation to qlikview services

i already did all that point, after i did every poin, i always restart QV services.

any helps?

thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

My hunch would be the Distribution Service Application Data folder has corruption in it due to the BSOD, you likely need to recreate the folder from scratch in this case to get things working properly again.  You can archive the old folder and use the Governance Dashboard to load that data and any new data to keep a longer history of things as well.  Hoping you already did this and that worked for you, but I wanted to add it for others that may check the thread. 

Given things are quite active in the Distribution Service, the server crashing would likely hang quite a few QVB.exe processes etc. potentially and therefore leave files in a bad state related to those tasks too.  There is really no harm in recreating the Distribution Service Application Data folder, other than losing your history, everything will recreate from the QVPR which is maintained by the Management Service, so as long as the QVPR is in good shape, the QDS will be able to recreate everything it needs.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Josh_Berg_Support

Davinfrost,

In order to get a better idea of what's going on here, I'm going to need additional details about the issue:

- About how many tasks do you have in your environment? Is it over 100?
- Can these QVWs be reloaded in Qlikview Desktop successfully?
- Does this issue affect all tasks in the QMC or just specific ones?
- When you restored the Qlikview environment from backup, did the server name change?
- Are all of your Qlikview services on one machine or are the Qlikview services split amongst different machines?

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

My hunch would be the Distribution Service Application Data folder has corruption in it due to the BSOD, you likely need to recreate the folder from scratch in this case to get things working properly again.  You can archive the old folder and use the Governance Dashboard to load that data and any new data to keep a longer history of things as well.  Hoping you already did this and that worked for you, but I wanted to add it for others that may check the thread. 

Given things are quite active in the Distribution Service, the server crashing would likely hang quite a few QVB.exe processes etc. potentially and therefore leave files in a bad state related to those tasks too.  There is really no harm in recreating the Distribution Service Application Data folder, other than losing your history, everything will recreate from the QVPR which is maintained by the Management Service, so as long as the QVPR is in good shape, the QDS will be able to recreate everything it needs.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.