Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II

QUALIFY / UNQUALIFY statement to remove synthetic key

I have two tables that I am trying to join together.  There is a common field, but the names are not the same.  I want to QUALIFY the smaller table, but UNQUALIFY the field that will be used for the join.  At what point in the script do I change the field name from the smaller table to match that of the larger table?  The field name in the smaller table, BRData, is PC and the field name in the larger table. Main Data, is Profit Center.

QUALIFY *;
UNQUALIFY [PC];

BRData:
LOAD
Item,
Material,  
Vendor,
Requisitioner,
Description,
[PC] as [Profit Center]
FROM
[D:\Qlik\Data\BR Data FY19.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Download]);

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cliff_clayman  your post has been removed fro spam

Sue Macaluso
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am not an expert developer, but the mistake here might be having used [PC} instead of [Profit Center], I cannot recall which name we check, but if things are not working, try switching things to the alias and see if it then works for you...

If that does not, and you still need help, you may want to include script for both tables etc., so folks can see the entire thing, that way someone should be able to find the culprit for sure and let you know the correct fix.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.