Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psk180590
Creator III
Creator III

QV document on AccessPoint with manual UserName and Password

Hello All,

I have a QV app which asks for Username and Password on access from AceesPoint(It doesn't take the Windows Username and Password).

On the server if i enter a Username and Password other then my Windows Credentials it works fine(i see the data that is supposed to be seen by the Person whose Userid and Password i'm using to Login)

The problem arises when i try to Publish this app via Management Console. I get error messages 'Failed to Open Document'.

Is there a turn around to manually enter the Username and Password via Management Console(i need this only for one user so, i can give the Username and Password)

Please, suggest if there is any possibility or is it not at all possible.

Thanks

Sai.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The quick hack:

• If you have a Publisher, then enable Section Access in the Reload tab of the QMC Task and add proper credentials to the User name and Password fields.
  • If you don't have a Publisher, add the credentials in the Section Access fields of the Reload tab in User Documents.

Note that these credentials should have Reload permission to begin with. Use a Username that has ACCESS=ADMIN in Section Access.

The better hack: add a Section Access entry with NTNAME=the service account that runs the QDS,  ACCESS=ADMIN and a blank value in any link field to Section Application.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The quick hack:

• If you have a Publisher, then enable Section Access in the Reload tab of the QMC Task and add proper credentials to the User name and Password fields.
  • If you don't have a Publisher, add the credentials in the Section Access fields of the Reload tab in User Documents.

Note that these credentials should have Reload permission to begin with. Use a Username that has ACCESS=ADMIN in Section Access.

The better hack: add a Section Access entry with NTNAME=the service account that runs the QDS,  ACCESS=ADMIN and a blank value in any link field to Section Application.

Best,

Peter

psk180590
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Perfect. Works like a charm

Thanks Much!!