Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III

QVD Reload Problem

Dear All,

I am reloading one QVD in my App ...but after optimizing some records the timer on Script Execution process is continue to flow till u will not click on Abort and remaining records in QVD is not optimizing.

This is happening only in the case when i am giving condition in where clause in Script. Without condition the QVD is optimizing Successfully.

But i want to extract the records as per my condition/expectation. I do not know what to do in this case

Kindly help to resolve the same .

Sarfaraz

16 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can load the QVD as-is (all of it = optimized), then copy the data you want to keep in a new resident table using the original WHERE clause and finally drop the initial QVD table. Should load faster...

Of course, if this is a big QVD you'll need sufficient RAM.

Not applicable

Hi,

1st time load data completely without any condition as sometimes queries take more time to respond compare to entire load (i.e Select *) and then take resident load along with where clause. Store this residented data into QVD.

Hope this helps.

BR,

Neha

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

When you add any condition in the where statement of qvd it is not optimized anymore so reload is slow. The only solution is to load qvd without conditions (optimized).
Hope this helps

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Peter,

can you write some example here....so it will be good to understand .

Sarfaraz

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear All,

Request you to please give any small example if possible.

Sarfaraz

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Of course. But you'll have to fill in the blanks because you didn't post your original script (that would have been better for simply cutting and pasting a possible solution)

RawQVD:

LOAD * FROM [.\MyQVD.QVD] (qvd);    // Optimized LOAD

FilteredQVD:

NOCONCATENATE

LOAD *

RESIDENT RawQVD

WHERE ...;                         // Add your condition(s)

DROP Table RawQVD;

Not applicable

You can actually use exists and still retain an optimised load, so not quite any condition. So might be able to do the load in this way to resolve

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Joe,

kindly write  any Example if possible as you said !!!!

sarfaraz

Not applicable

What is the condition you are trying to use? What code are you doing at the moment?