Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidvikings198
Contributor
Contributor

QVD and Excel Files

Hi All,

I have the following data files:

1.  Customer.qvd

2.  Division.qvd

3.  Employeebudgets.xls

4.  Emploeedata.xls

5.  OrderDetails.qvd

6.  Products.qvd

7.  Shippers.qvd

What I am trying to locate is a tutorial or solution on how to put these files together.  I have seen different examples out there but not a solution.  Any help with would be helpful.

Thanks,

David

9 Replies
CarlosAMonroy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi David,

Not sure what you're looking for or what you mean by putting together.

But You just to Open QlikView, press Ctrl + E, Click on Load Table files, and then just add them in the script.

Customer:

Load *

From Customer.qvd (qvd);

and so on.

Hope that helps,

Carlos M

davidvikings198
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am looking for a solution.  I have found many examples using the file but wanted to know if anyone has a solution file to share. 

David

CarlosAMonroy
Creator III
Creator III

If you copy paste the code I put before, and do some adjustments in the path(If your files are in other directory), it will work. And it all depends on how the data is structured, I do not know what are the key fields or which table needs to be link with what. So, it's impossible to share a file since I do not have and do not know the qvd/data.

Thanks,

Carlos M

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi David,

Those files look like the files from the QV Developer training course.  If you have the course files, there should also be a solutions folder than contains the solutions.

-Rob

davidvikings198
Contributor
Contributor
Author

‌Hi Rob

thanks for the information.  I don’t have the course but have the files from a link.  Do you have to log into qlik to find the course. 

DAvid

agarwalrits13
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi David,

I have attached the QVD and the solution QVW which is mention in Qlikview 11 for developers. Please go through that books and this data. Let me know if you need any other help.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ritesh,

I think the course files you posted are from the book "QlikView 11 for Developers".  I believe David's files are from the Qlik "QlikView Developer" course.

-Rob

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi David,

I believe you must register for the course to be able to access the files.

-Rob

agarwalrits13
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Rob,

Yes this files are related to Qlikview developer for 11. However I dont have the files which if mention here. So thought that this files might be helpful too as Qlikview developer for 11 book is available online