Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avula_gk
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

QVD refreshed manually notification in dashboard to reload the QVD's?

Hi, 

I have Master.QVW file which will generate the Master QVD's.

Using the Master QVD's  i build dashboard. In our project we manually reload the Master.QVW file., if so how to notify the dashboard users to reload the dashboard.qvw

I tried through macros, it succeeded , but client is asking for other way .

Is there a way to get the value from external without reloading the QVD. , so that  i can compare the value and show in the dashboard with an indicator to reload the QVD for dashboard user.

Regards,

Ganesh

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Josh_Berg_Support

Ganesh,

There are a few ways you can alert users that are already in a QVW that new data is available after the QVW has been reloaded.  You'll need to open the QVW in Qlikview Desktop and go to Settings > Document Properties > Server, take a look at the Refresh Mode when Document is Updated on Server and Client Refresh Initiation Mode.  Check out this article that shows you your options. 

If you would like to have the end user initiate the refresh, check out this article.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
avula_gk
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for reply, but the end users uses my QVD's as source for development in their own desktop version if it show how can send a notification. Session out will used for only browser, but not desktop edition. Is there a solution for the same.

The QVW used by developers will be created by me as template , in that i need to give a notification that master QVD's are refreshed.

Thanks, 

Ganesh

venkat1
Creator II
Creator II

='Last Refreshed : ' & Date(ReloadTime()) & '
Time : ' & Time(ReloadTime())

avula_gk
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

After loading the data , for first time it will show as you shown in expression, 

but once reloaded after that if Master QVD loaded then how to notify the same to user who is using the template.

Regards,

Ganesh

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ganesh, I think the best solution on this one lies in the Alerts tool, you will need to be sure to set the 'Batch' mode option to have it trigger when you run the master reload if that is being run by Publisher or the Reload Engine.  There is a Notifcation option on Distributions, but the problem is I am sure you are not distributing your master QVW file given it is just updating QVD files, so that will not really work, which leaves the Alert tool option:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Alerts.htm

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Alert_Wizard.ht...

What you would do is likely set a condition of 1=1 if you want the email to go every time it is run via 'batch' mode etc., and then setup the email and the people to whom you want to send it to let them know the QVDs are updated... Hopefully this may work out for you!

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.