Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QVS Logs Timestamp

We upgraded from 11.20 SR 15 to QV 12.10 SR 3.  The time format has changed in QVS logs. I would like to know if there is a way to change the timestamp format back to what it was in 11.20? Please see the attachment.

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Check once in Environmental variables to change time format

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi! I also noted this when I did the first upgrade to v12 and my applications where I read the log files stop working.

I change my script to following (example)

log.PNG

timestamp(Timestamp(Timestamp#(Replace(Left(Timestamp,15),'T',' '), 'YYYYMMDD hhmmss')),'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss') AS LogTimeStamp

vasilev
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Santosh,

I have the same problem after upgrate to version 12. Now show the governance dashboard from Qlik the time two hours earlier. Maybe because of the last 4 strings after the plus sign "20170330T050825.000+0200"?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I contacted Qlik support to get a resolution but they said this will be the format moving forward. Qlik sense has the same format. So we ended up using ETL to change the format.

MarcoWedel

Hi,

I think QlikView 12 now supports ISO timestamps:

Timestamp#

So one solution might be just:

QlikCommunity_Thread_251984_Pic1.JPG

table1:

LOAD Timestamp,

Timestamp(Timestamp) as LogTimeStamp

FROM [https://community.qlik.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/1224005-268144/Performance_After%20Upgrade.l...] (txt, utf8, embedded labels, delimiter is '\t', msq);

hope this helps

regards

Marco

gino_scheppers
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using QVSystemMonitor_v5.1.23.qvw. And I've the impression the System Monitor also struggles with this new timestamp format. After upgrade to QlikView 12, the reload failed.

Yesterday, when looking in the log-files, I noticed a change in format of the timestamp.

Has anyone already fixed this issue?

Regards,

Gino

vasilev
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Gino,

Unfortulatelly you have to customize the "QVSystemMonitor_v5.1.23.qvw" for QV 12. To avoid this work I recommend you to use the Governance Dashboard. This App is supported from Qlik and actually works. The only problem with this one is a time difference because of the new timestamp format. I have logged a case at Qlik regarding this issue. I am waiting for response now. I am going to write again if I have any furher information.

Regards,

Rumen

gino_scheppers
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Rumen,

thx for the quick response. I'll wait for the answer.

Regads,

Gino