Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlickView for very small business

Hi!

I have an assignment from a very small company to help them manage their excell data and utilize information in sales and analyzis.

I am compiling different options and QlikView is one of them.

We have looked at QlikView demos and the "business side" of the company became immediately interested and asked me to investigate and demonstrate. 

I have taken som test data and done a simple clickView document/"application" which was very nice and easy.

Now I want to demo this document as an application so they can get a feel of it themselves to really see QlickViews strenghts with their own (fake)data.

I cant show them in person easily since they are spred over the world.

These are very much non technichal people using Macintosh computers only.

So one obstacle is for me to understand and figure out how I can send them the document as an application they can just open and run as a demo and "play around with".

Another is to understand if they can acctually use QlickView without an large investment in clickView server etc.

I havent found much information regarding these questions I have so I would very much appreciate information on:

Alternatives for distributing a document quick and easy as perhaps webapplication or desktop application FOR DEMO PURPOSES!

Experiences or information on a easy QlickView platform/infrastructure solutions for very small business using Macintosh computers.

Hopefully others in same situation can also use this information.

Thank you

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi Carljohans,

you should contact a salesrep of Qliktech or a (local) Partner of your choice. They both can arrange for ex. a so called SIB-Installation (Seeing is Believing)  including free test-licences (server and clients) valid for some weeks. Within this time you can easily build up a web-based enviroment to show your applications to endusers all around the world. And of course also to any MAC - User (via Safari).

BtW:

You mentioned your endusers are all around the world, I expect for this purpose you should use a web-based server-solution. Qlikview itself is only running on Windows-driven Hosts.

HtH

Roland