Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cosmicyes
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView 12.4 on Windows Server 2008 R2?

We are running QlikView 11.2 on Windows Server 2008 R2.
Since version 11.2 is EOL we need to upgrade.
I have learned from the system requirements https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Content/QV_HelpSites/System-requirements.htm that current version 12.4 requires Windows Server 2012.

As we want to migrate to QlikSense sooner than later I would prefer not to set up a new server but to upgrade QlikView on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Questions:

* is the upgrade from v. 11.2 to 12.4 possible or does the upgrade assistant stop?

* which is the last 12.x version which supports Windows Server 2008 R2? Can I upgrade for example to version 12.2?

Of course I know that Server 2008 R2 also is EOL. But as I said we plan to migrate to QlikSense on new hardware anyway.

Thank you for all your help!

Labels (3)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I think if you want to remain by Server 2008 R2 you could also remain by QV 11.2. AFAIK there is no special vulnerability in 11.2 (here is rather the OS the weakest link in the chain) and I assume that there is no much pressure to get support from Qlik or a partner because it's obviously a long running environment. With no new adjustments there shouldn't be new problems.

Therefore I think you could save the efforts which a migration takes. If your Sense planning to the final deployment may take further one or two years it would be better to upgrade to Server 2016/2019 and to install then a current 12.5 QV release.

- Marcus