Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Calendar object is not filtering chart?

I'm new to QlikView, primarily being a C#/SQL developer.  I have a Straight Table chart with some data, including a specific date that I want to filter on.  My requirements are that I'm to add a widget to allow the user to select a start/end date range.

I have created two Slider/Calendar objects, set to Calendar for the display type.  I have the following code in my Script (names have been anonymized) for the date variables:

/* Start of Script */

Date_Range:

LOAD

Date(Max(Deduction_Date)) AS Max,

Date(Min(Deduction_Date)) AS Min

RESIDENT Deductions_Table;

LET vMax = Date(Peek('Max', 0, 'Date_Range'), 'MM/DD/YYYY';

LET vMin = Date(Peek('Min', 0, 'Date_Range'), 'MM/DD/YYYY';

LET vStartDate = '';

LET vEndDate = '';

/* End of Script */

Assume that Deductions_Table is a straightforward SQL select of some rows in a database table that just loads the information into Qlik.  My calendar controls are set to Variable(s) with the correct variable specified for each and I have verified through the use of an Input Box control that they are populating when I select a date.

On Document Properties, under the Triggers tab, I have added actions for vStartDate and vEndDate as follows:

OnChange -> Select in Field

Field: Deduction_Date

Search String: ='>=' & vStartDate & '<=' & vEndDate

What I would expect to happen is if I select a start date of 4/1/2016 and an end date of 4/5/2016 that my chart will filter to only records where the Deduction_Date field falls within that range.  However, it doesn't seem to be filtering at all and I see dates that are from, using the prior example, 3/1/2016 even though I have the date range specified as 4/1/2016 - 4/5/2016.  I have a tab with a "data dump" of the records and can see that the Deduction_Date list box is NOT showing any filters applied when I change the dates in the calendar control.

I am clearly missing something, but I am not sure what.  Any advice?

Thanks and regards,

Wayne Molina

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your variable definitions are missing the closing parentheses of the Date() function

LET vMax = Date(Peek('Max', 0, 'Date_Range'), 'MM/DD/YYYY' ) ;

LET vMin = Date(Peek('Min', 0, 'Date_Range'), 'MM/DD/YYYY' ) ;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

i think closing braces...am n surescr.PNG

agustinbobba
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I thing you miss the Closing Barces  on vMax and vMin variables.

Not applicable
Author

I might have just fat-fingered that since I didn't copy it.  In the script editor it is:

LET vMax = Date(peek('Max', 0, 'DataRage'), 'MM/DD/YYYY');

LET vMin = Date(peek('Min', 0, 'DataRage'), 'MM/DD/YYYY');

Which looks like it has the right closing brace.