Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Constraints

Hello friends,

I have created an ODBC conection to my oracle database and it works really good. Ok, now, I'm having a problem that I don't know how to resolve. The most of foreign keys that QlikView imports, it does it well, but there are someones that no.

For example, I have three tables. One called "sectors", another one called "CoordinationCenters" and another one called "countries".

+----------------------+             +----------------------------------+               +---------------------------------------------+

|  Sectors           |              |  CoordinationCenters    |                |  Countries                              |

+----------------------+             +----------------------------------+               +---------------------------------------------+

|  SectorId          | ----fk----  |  CountryId                     | -----fk-----  | CountryId                               |

|  ..........            |              |  .................                 |                |  .........                                   | 

So when I select one sector, I want countries table to show me only the countries that are in this sector. But at this moment it doesn't work well, the only thing that QlikView does is nothing.

Could it be caused for the names of the fields? I mean, could be a problem that the filed names are not the same?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

QV won't take care of your DB key constraints.

You need to define keys yourself by giving same field names in your load script (and rename fields of the same name differently if you don't want to create a key for those).

So you need to alias your SectorID field to CountryID, if I understand correctly.

suniljain
Master
Master

You need to redefine required key in QV. In you case There sohuld be any key field between sector and country table otherwise country will not reflect as per sector.

Regards;

Sunil