Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sivaprasad
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

QlikView Desktop is unlicensed from enterprise to Personnel edition

Hi All,

I have a problem with my QlikView Desktop edition .

Actually i applied licensing  to Qlikview Server Desktop it is allow me to read QVW files , when i close this QlikView Application again im not able to open the application by double click .

So Can any one please suggest me the possible scenario to solve this issue .

Thanks in Advance ..... 🙂

+Best Regards 

Siva Prasad 

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

We have had some issues in the past with double-clicking of apps, but without version information I cannot confirm for, but if you are able to use File\Open on things and that works properly, I would recommend opening a Support Case with us, so we can have a look at things and confirm if you are encountering a known issue etc. 

You can also confirm license information by check the Settings.ini for the Desktop client, which is located in the following path by default:

C:\Users\UserProfile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings.ini

Look for the [Authentication] tag, if that is there, you should have 5 lines of information there including the license number etc.  If you are doing license leasing against your QlikView Server Named CAL, then things are a bit different, but that information is also written to the Setting.ini mentioned above, look for the following tags:

LeasedLicenseExpiry=2019-03-27 21:51:51, 2019-02-28 12:59:11
LeasedLicenseCheck=67c3a21881a09575605441f2fe4f1c70e810d6e12e89c543faf781694b2658ff
LeasedLicenseServer=qvp://servername

Hopefully this helps, but if not, be sure to open a Support case with us, so we can get up with you to have a direct look at things and confirm if you may be encountering a bug.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.