Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

QlikView Governance show RAM consumption of scheduled Qlik Management tasks

Hi guys.

I have doubts about Governance.

The Qlikview Governanace reflects the consumption of RAM of the tasks programs in the Qlikview console (Qlikview Management)?
  Example.

I have a Costs project (Qvw) and I schedule a daily load in the Qlikview console, to update the information.

Screenshot_1.png

The scheduled tasks are the .qvb and it is visualized in the Qlikview, what is needed is that in the Governanace it reflects that consumption.

Please help me with this topic.
Greetings.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Support
Support

Re: QlikView Governance show RAM consumption of scheduled Qlik Management tasks

Hi. As far as I know, the Governance Dashboard does not currently contain that information.
However, you can determine memory consumption by looking into the logs, as detailed here.

Daniele - Senior Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

Based on the screenshot you provided, I think you're a bit confused about the items you referenced.  The QVB.exe application in the Distribution Service folder is the size of the application itself, not how much RAM it's consuming.  I checked my Qlikview environment that's not currently running any tasks and that file is the same size as yours, 102,802 kb.

What are you concerned about in regards to Governance Dashboard, is it the information presented within Governance Dashboard in terms of memory consumption of a task or is the information you're seeing in the Task Manager screenshot you attached?  The "Qlikview" you circled in the screenshot is probably Qlikview Desktop, not Qlikview Server, which you can see below Qlikview in the screenshot.  If there was a task running, you would see a qvb.exe process in your Task Manager, which I don't see in the screenshot, unless it's hidden under something else in the Task Manager already.  Please elaborate on what you're looking for and we'll be happy to help!

Thanks,

Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
Support
Support

I believe what you want is to see how much memory is being consumed by the qvb process for each task, and in the 12.30 track, there is a new setting that allows the Task Log file to write a summary line of the memory used etc. that you might be able to write something to parse those, but the other thing you can do is make a suggestion to the team that develops this app to include this information as well, given we now have it in the Task Logs, I think they may be able to do it without too much trouble.

The link to that site is here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Monitoring-Administration/gp-p/qlik-monitoring-administration

Just leave them a note on what you would like to see, they should reply back, but if you are running on 12.30 or later, you have access to turn on that setting, here is the Help link for it:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server...

Look at the Reload Performance Log and the and the Task Performance Summary sections, that may help you out here.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.