Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView: How to lock dimension value at one place to filter records in all charts on the sheet?

I am loading data from Oracle, and displaying in multiple charts on two QlikView sheets.  My need is to visualize data in one sheet (for one set of users) with one value of dimension A, and visualize charts on another sheet with a different value of the same dimension (for another set of users).  Since there are over 50 charts on the two sheets, I do not want to add the IF condition in each expression in each chart.  Is there a way to (a) either set a value of the dimension in each chart that cannot be changed, or (b) fix value of the dimension in its List Box?  Basically, I want to fix one value for dimension A in one sheet, and another value in the other sheet without changing all the expressions, which cannot be cleared by the users.  Please advise.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ahmar811
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sanjay,

You can use getActiveSheetID() funtion in trigger and use below condition in sheet properties action:

=if(GetActiveSheetId()='Document\SH01','A',if(GetActiveSheetId()='Document\SH02','B','C'))

I also attached qvw file for your reference after open qvw file just change sheet and see you require output.

Regards

Ahmar

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ahmar811
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sanjay,

You can use getActiveSheetID() funtion in trigger and use below condition in sheet properties action:

=if(GetActiveSheetId()='Document\SH01','A',if(GetActiveSheetId()='Document\SH02','B','C'))

I also attached qvw file for your reference after open qvw file just change sheet and see you require output.

Regards

Ahmar

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi svaidyaqv

You can achieve with sheet properties.

You can apply section access based on users.

Select Always One Selected Value of Country.

Please check screens and app.

sheet1.JPG

sheet11.JPG

sheet2.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ahmar!

It does set the value, but that clears when the 'Clear' button is pushed.  Is it possible to disable it from clearing (by the users) unless the sheet property is changed (by the developer)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Arjun!

It does set the value, but that clears when the 'Clear' button is pushed.  Is it possible to disable it from clearing (by the users) unless the sheet property is changed (by the developer)?