Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

QlikView Installation issue

Hi,

I'm getting issues installing QlikView. After running the setup, it asks for language preference and then this pops up

If I click ok then nothing happens.

Thanks,

Arjun

16 Replies
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Is your downloaded exe file is running in other system? can you try in another system?

_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Shivesh,

Yes all other exe files are running fine. However I found out the problem is with msi files. Qlik's setup is an exe so initially it runs. When you run it what it does is it upacks the msi files first and then the problem occurs. For some reason my laptop won't install msi files. It had been fine a few months ago as I had installed QlikView. But something is messed up now and I can't get my head around it.

Thanks and Regards,

Arjun

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Arjun,

If you feel your problem is resolved

please close the thread by clicking "Correct Answer" So that others will get a chance to know their issues.

_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Rama,

I didn't say my problem is resolved. I just mentioned I know what the problem might be. I still didn't resolve it.

Still awaiting for someone to give me at least some pointers because I ran out of things to try out.

Regards,

Arjun

ramasaisaksoft

ok,

Sorry, for my miss understand.

i have a small doubt yours windows 10 is 32 bit or 64 bit ?

had you verified Windows and QlikView both are same bits?

is there any possibility to download latest version once again and install QlikView one more time.?if not better to check with Hardware engineer.

i was not confirm my self but try like this also,

First uninstall Qlik Sense in your machine restart the machine and install QlikView then restart the machine then install Qlik Sense.

_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Rama,

Mine is a Windows 10, 64 bit. Yes, I'm trying with a 64 bit setup. I've tried with the latest version, the previous and QlikView 10.4 too. All giving the same error.

Yet to check installing QlikView by uninstalling QlikSense but that is something I'm deliberately not doing because if that's not the issue then I think I won't be able to re-install QlikSense after that. I at least have QlikSense for the moment

Thanks and Regards,

Arjun

KevinR
Contributor
Contributor

See this article on the support portal. It solved the same installation problem I was having with the November 2018 Personal Edition on Windows 10: When Installing QlikView Developer The Windows Installer Is Unable To Locate The QlikView.msi File