Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

QlikView Installation issue

Hi,

I'm getting issues installing QlikView. After running the setup, it asks for language preference and then this pops up

If I click ok then nothing happens.

Thanks,

Arjun

16 Replies
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Arjun,

these are my assumptions only

if it is in your personal machine ,

Just restart your machine & try to stop the Anti virus and install QlikView.

let us know the update once you did

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It might also be useful if you could tell us which version of QlikView you try to install on what version of Windows?

_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I'm so sorry for the delayed reply!. I was away for a while. I will try this as soon as I can and let you know.

But since you asked, I don't use any antivirus other than the built in Windows Defender. I'm on a Windows 10. I'll try disabling Windows Defender. Thanks

_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Peter,

I'm on Windows 10 and using the latest version of QlikView, QlikView 12.20 I guess? I just downloaded this one last month for my personal laptop. I also have QlikSense installed on the same machine without any issues.

Sorry for the delay in reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Arjun

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In my experience, these problems occur most often because of a corrupt installer. Can you try downloading the same or a later Service Release (you didn't mention which one you are using, but Qlik released 12.20SR3 yesterday so that must be a more recent release ) and try again?

I admit it sounds weird that a zipped installer could be broken without being detected at the launch. But it helped a lot of times...

_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Will try and get back to you! Thanks

_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Peter,

I downloaded the latest version, QV Nov. 2017 SR3. Doesn't help. Same issue.

_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Tried and failed

_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Bump! bump bump. Any solutions anyone? I'm really stuck here! Can't install QlikView. Tried all the above mentioned, tired different versions, old and new, in safe mode...I can't think of anything else to try