Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

QlikView License questions

Hello,

I am new to QlikView and was just curious to know how this license works and how is it different from the free version? Also, if I work in a lab can others also use the licensed version of QlickView or is it really restricted? And, Where I can find more information about acquiring a QlikView License?

Thanks

2 Replies
mazacini
Contributor III

Hi. I use a personal licence only.

I contacted my local Qlikview Sales Office for info on acquiring a  licence. They shoudl be able to help on your other queries also.

Rgds

Not applicable

For an App created on a Personal Edition (PE) PC it can not be transferred to other PCs running PE.  There are 2 types of license - Named and Document.  A Named licence allows you to create an app which can be transferred to another PC which also runs with a Named licence - you can't open a licensed app on a PE machine.  The Document License is then used where you are running the QlikView Server software and controls the number of users who can access a hosted application.

Regards

Community Browser