Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView SDK

Could anyone let me know more about the functionality provided in QlikView SDK? What programming language that the API covered?

One thing I particularly want to know is that, if the SDK provide application specific query, for example, KDB using complicated 'q' language.

Thanks.

Boris

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can learn about the SDK capabilities by installing the SDK. This will install documentation and example code for various functions. To install the SDK, lauch the QV Server (QVS) installation and select "Custom" for the install type. You will then be able to select the SDK for installation. You need not install QVS, you can install the SDK by itself.

The SDK does not provide any database specific query support. It does example template for creating a "Custom Data Source", which is one way to access a datasource that does not provide a ODBC or OLEDB driver. You would need to write all the code that does query parsing and database access, which is probably more complicated than you are looking for.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your answer.

May I know if there are anywhere I could download QlikView SDK manual for a quick refenence?

Also, how can I download a QlikView server?

Thanks.

Boris

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

You seem to know a lot about this issue, maybe you can help me.

I'm trying to build a DLL that will enable me to access a REST webservice. I believe I need the custom data source because that webservice requires authentication and 'Table Files' or 'Internet Files' dialog doesn't support authentication. Am I right?

I've downloaded the SDK and done all the steps to make the DLL apear in the Custom Data Source tab, but I'm having trouble with writing the code I need to invoke the webservice. I've been through the CustomDataSource.pdf but I can't figure out where I need to change the code so it refers and then returns the XML with the data I need.

Could you point me in the right direction?

Thank you so much,

Marina Carvalho

Note: I'm using QlikView 9 (9.00.7440.8) for Windows