Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anat
Master
Master

QlikView SR11 is Backward compatibility or not?< Radar chart report vary from SR2 to SR11>

Hi Team,

implemented 1 report  by using radar chart in  QlikView 11 SR2,Expression contain positive and negative values.

in SR2 that report working fine,but if i open same report in SR11 it is showing error like "Positive and Negative values in chart"

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

A radar chart cannot have negative values. That means it cannot have been working fine in SR2. That bug seems to have been fixed in a later service release.

Bugs are not kept around to ensure backward compatibility with bugs from earlier releases.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
anat
Master
Master
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Same report is working fine in SR2.

PFA... !SR11.png

anat
Master
Master
Author

@

in SR2 radar chart is supporting positive and negative values,but in SR11 it's not supporting,in reference manual given note like:

"Note!
A radar chart can display a data set containing positive values only or negative values only. If the data set contains a mix of positive and negative values an error message is displayed. "

means whatever applications we developed in SR2 by using radar chart those reports will not work in upgraded version SR11.

means no Backward compatibility in SR11.

please guide me if i am wrong.

PFA...... !

Colin-Albert

You could use fabs() to convert all values to positive.

This may or may not give you the result you require.

Pie charts are similar, they work if the values are all positive or all negative, but give an error if the data is a mix of positive and negative values in one chart.