Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QlikView Section Acess Data Reduction has stopped working all of a sudden

Hi Experts:

I have QV12 Personal Edition. I was working on Section Access Data reduction to reduce the Data for USER ACCESS, so that the user can see only one Region Data, It was working fine. All of a sudden it has stopped doing. I have done the required setting in Document Properties sheet and on Opening Sheet. Please find below the code.

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
    ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD,%cust_Region
    ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN123, *
    USER, USER, USER123, Region_NA

];

Section Application;
DATA:
LOAD * INLINE [ 
CustomerRegion,  %cust_Region
'NorthAmerica', Region_NA
];

Can someone pls guide me. I could see the Data Table in Data Model, but it's showing all data for the User, which I don't want.

Rgds,
Bimala
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The thing to be aware of here is * means all values of any of  the other Section Access users, in this case the Region_NA is the only thing that is going to be pulled, the service/admin account should always use 'blank' for dynamic reduction fields to ensure it loads all the data from the data source...

The other thing is everything in your Section Access table should be uppercase as well, so Region_NA should be REGION_NA, just FYI, this is missed by a lot of folks.  Section Access expects everything to be uppercase.  That is about the best I can do here to point you in the correct direction on things.  

Here is a Design Blog post from Henric Cronstrom as well, the blog post does have links to other posts as well at the bottom that may be helpful as well:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.