Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView: Selecting date ranges on the calendar picker that do not fall on the available data

In my calendar picker, whenever I select date ranges which do not fall on the available data, it will act as if I did not select anything. What I want for this is to just show on my charts that there is no data available or if this is possible without using macros, something will pop up like 'invalid date range'.

For example:

Below screenshot is my available data

dates.PNG

But when I select the dates below on my calendar picker, it will act as if nothing is filtered.

date picker.PNG

How do I display it to indicate that there are no available data?

Thank you so much.

2 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

May be u can try this

Method 1: u can try add custom message option for the not unsatisfied condition/filter.

Capture.JPG

Method 2: you can auto set the min and max Date value on your From and To Date Calendar object  (best option for your case)  instead of showing all the Date.

=Date(Min({1} Date))

=Date(Max({1} Date))

chart expression

=Sum({<Date={'>=$(=Date(vMinDate))<=$(=Date(vMaxDate))'}>}Sales)

111.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi! Thank you for the quick response.

I noticed that you put an if statement before the Sum({<Date={'>=$(=Date(vMinDate))<=$(=Date(vMaxDate))'}>}Sales) on the calculation condition of the chart. Can you please explain this one? I tried this one but what happens now is that it displays the error message all the time and it's not showing the graph anymore although the selected dates are already valid.