Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator

QlikView Server Crash

Hi,

with the new year we start experiencing QlikView server crash.  Seems that the CPU Activities goes to 100% and then the server crash with the need of a reboot.

Currenlty we have really few users working and here is what i see from task manager:

Qlikview Server.png

memory is more or less 63% - but CPU is going up and down and easily reach 99%

Is this normal? Which is the best way to understand what is causing the crash ?
Thank you

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

It looked that it's a local desktop client. In this case you could see within the tab Details which user is responsible for - probably there failed any join or QV is calculating synthetic keys or building some very large UI tables or something similar ...

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Regarding your question of what is 'normal', please have a look at the following article, there is a PDF attachment on it that should explain things pretty thoroughly such that you should be able to sort out if Marcus' suggestion may be what is happening or if it may be something else.  Regarding the memory use, if you have the default working set limits on the QVS process, that value would be below the Low limit in which case I would say things are working as expected in that regard, but the CPU usage falls more along the lines of what Markus mentioned.

QIX engine CPU and Memory Utilization 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.