Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server Service Account

I have just started installing QV Server.  It is asking me for an account to run the services.  Do I need this account to be on the Active Directory or can it just be a Local Administrator?

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The service accounts need to run with local administrator privileges and have to be member of the Qlikview Adminstrators group.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Yes I have always understood this.  I need to know if it can be a local account like MyPC\qvadmin and be added to Local Administrators or if it HAS to be on the domain for which users will log in to AccessPoint with, so like MyDomain\qvadmin.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The service account doesn't have to be a member of a domain admin group.

See here if you want confirmation from a QlikTech Support Technician: http://community.qlik.com/message/349579#349579

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
millnet-maho
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Requiring he service account to be a full administrator mostly defeats the purpose of running under a separate account. There should be a list comprising of the minimal set of rights actually needed. Besides access to %ProgramData%\QlikTech it needs to be able to use HTTP.SYS to listen to the various TCP ports, but I don't know what user right lets one do that. Anything else?