Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView and Freemium

Hi !

I'm new to QlikView and i'd like to know if there are feature to handle Freemium Business model.

Thanks ! (And sorry if my english is bad)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ok, it seems I misunderstood your initial post, thanks for detailing your query.

QlikView is a quite general tool for data analysis / visualization / discovery, whatever you want to call it.

It's just a tool. So it allows to load in data from various sources, build data models that support your analysis needs and to create charts to display this data and allow users to select / filter (this is where the interactivity comes into play).

This is just a rough description and probably not very accurate. But QlikView is not bound to certain business models or the data these business models create. So there is no feature that IMHO directly supports the freemium business model (and I know no general tool that has such a feature).

There might be some (prebuilt) QV applications that helps you analyze certain business models, given that your source data / data model is somehow standardized. For example, there are some quick start sample apps for analyzing SAP data for several business areas. I don't know any sample apps for your data / business model (I don't know your data).

So I suggest you detail your data model / data source tables and describe what you want to analyze or where you encountered some issues so far. Thus, it's more likely that members from the community are enabled to help you in more detail.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I am absolutely unsure what you are talking about (and I think your english is fine, you could just tell us a little more detailed what you are thinking of).

Just guessing that you want to develop some QV applications and distribute to customers using a freemium business model.

Only thing I know of (without having used it):

http://www.qvguard.com/

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the answer. More details so : I'm in an internship and have to check some BI software to further develop a device that can provide some information to my supervisor. There are some difficulties I have to analyse and one of them is that some products sold are sold with freemium business model. The users can buy contents in a game, the game is free. So i have to provide an analyse of products that are just sold (turnover per month, per game, etc...) and products that are long-term used (turnover by package bought ? number of active user, paying user, user that spend a lot of money in it, packages that works best...)

I'm not sure it makes any difference (KPI are different but eventually similar to develop) but on the internet i have found references about BI software that claimed to provide Freemium solutions. The problem is : i'm not fluent in english so i'm not sure that it is really a different offer. I have installed QlikView to test it anyway so if it has a feature that can ease the development, it will be great !

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ok, it seems I misunderstood your initial post, thanks for detailing your query.

QlikView is a quite general tool for data analysis / visualization / discovery, whatever you want to call it.

It's just a tool. So it allows to load in data from various sources, build data models that support your analysis needs and to create charts to display this data and allow users to select / filter (this is where the interactivity comes into play).

This is just a rough description and probably not very accurate. But QlikView is not bound to certain business models or the data these business models create. So there is no feature that IMHO directly supports the freemium business model (and I know no general tool that has such a feature).

There might be some (prebuilt) QV applications that helps you analyze certain business models, given that your source data / data model is somehow standardized. For example, there are some quick start sample apps for analyzing SAP data for several business areas. I don't know any sample apps for your data / business model (I don't know your data).

So I suggest you detail your data model / data source tables and describe what you want to analyze or where you encountered some issues so far. Thus, it's more likely that members from the community are enabled to help you in more detail.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your explanations. However, I can't explain details of my data, my internship is confidential. I will looking for solutions myself and eventually read some parts of the forum if necessary. I'm not sure if I have to do anything to label this topic as answered, but I guess I now know what i wanted. Have a nice day !