Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gayatri7
Creator II
Creator II

QlikView associative property is not working

Hi,

I have same file for 3 different months with same fields. When I am loading the data in QlikView, It should get appended automatically as per Qlikview associative property. But it is not working as expected.

Even after writing the 'Concatenate ' keyword still it is not working.

Could any one let me know what is wrong here.

Attaching the QVD and Raw files for different month.

Just for a check, Once I load the data I should get CollectionMonth as Jan, Feb and Mar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Same qvd 3 times? I think this qvd contains ~84k records and your app is showing ~242k records... seems to be working

Capture.PNG

Unless the idea is to load three different qvds

View solution in original post

20 Replies
sunny_talwar

Same qvd 3 times? I think this qvd contains ~84k records and your app is showing ~242k records... seems to be working

Capture.PNG

Unless the idea is to load three different qvds

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Gayatri,

Collection month from the data is only Mar 2014, I can see only Dev_Month as Jan,Feb and Mar.

You need to check the data. for all the three qvd you attached collection month is Mar 2014 only

gayatri7
Creator II
Creator II
Author

if Data is coming from ..\Raw Data\01-2014\Collection_Devengo.qvd QVD Collection Month is Jan 2014,

..\Raw Data\02-2014\Collection_Devengo.qvd      Collection Month is Feb 2014

..\Raw Data\03-2014\Collection_Devengo.qvd    Collection Month is Mar 2014.

When I am loading separately I am getting the values correct. But When am loading all together values are missing.

Dev_Month is another filed which has Jan - Dec ... even for 1 file as well.

gayatri7
Creator II
Creator II
Author

its not same qvds.. all Qvds contains data based on different months. (Folder structure

Raw data\01-2014\Collection_Devengo.qvd  ------ Contains Jan data

Raw data\02-2014\Collection_Devengo.qvd ------- Contains Feb data

Raw data\03-2014\Collection_Devengo.qvd ------ Contains Mar data

Idea is to append the data for all months (though qvd is having same name.... it worked for me earlier)

gayatri7
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes, I can from log file that it is working fine. But final output am not getting all data. Attached is the log file.

sunny_talwar

How are these qvd file created? Dual function or something similar?

gayatri7
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I did not use any dual function. It is just a raw data am getting for different month. I want to combine and store in single file.

sunny_talwar

The problem is the underlying value of the collectionMonth is 1/1/2014 for all the three qvds.... can you share the script you are using to create the qvds?

gayatri7
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I can see collectionmonth is having Jan Feb and Mar values. when m loading one by one.

Feb_script.PNG

Feb_script_op.PNG

Similarly for march.

I have renamed the qvds as it is creating confusion with same names.