Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
worldbestboss
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView connection to excel as OLAP

Sorry guys.

Our IT confirmed we do not have any server available to pull out as OLAP..

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------updated----------------------------------------

Hello,

Just joined a different company which is using this excellent program called, QlikView.

However, the company uses the excel exported from Qlikview and paste it onto another Excel...

Which from my previous experience, I could just load them into Excel directly from QlikView as OLAP.

So, here comes the question. How to connect  to Database server of QlikView? I am finance person not IT person so I really need a guidance. I got to this point of Excel.

Data - From other sources - Data Connection wizard... 

I know it is company specific but our IT dept does not ANSWER me on this.

I can really live a better life if I can just load the data directly into Excel not just have to go on QlikView all the time.

Thanks for reading this.

Alex

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Alex, I am afraid that is not possible, there is no connector to pull data from our data model etc., this is not what the product is designed to do.  The only option is to do the exports.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
smallbee001
Contributor
Contributor

make a dependent database
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Alex, I am afraid that is not possible, there is no connector to pull data from our data model etc., this is not what the product is designed to do.  The only option is to do the exports.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.