Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView converter

Good morning

I am searching the tool Converter, where I can find it ?

I am using Qlikview 12.10 for windows and Sense desktop 12.26

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It is included in Qlik Sense June 2018 via Dev Hub, but do not expect a 1:1 conversion. It will load the script, some expressions and variables and some easy charts, but it will not replicate your QVW layout into Qlik Sense.

More details https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/June2018/Subsystems/Dev-Hub/Content/ConversionTool/conve...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is free or not ??

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It is included in Qlik Sense June 2018 via Dev Hub, but do not expect a 1:1 conversion. It will load the script, some expressions and variables and some easy charts, but it will not replicate your QVW layout into Qlik Sense.

More details https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/June2018/Subsystems/Dev-Hub/Content/ConversionTool/conve...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried some conversions, also simple, and I saw that the script are loaded, but but I saw that almost everything else must be redone by hand, if possible (after all View e Sense are very very different products, and Sense much more limited)

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Yes, they are very different. Especially for the front-end, one is using Windows controls (dialogs, tabs, checkboxes, etc.) and the other is HTML/XML, there is no "translation" possible. That's why also the QVF file format is different to QVW and not readable by QlikView.

Even in the script, you will have to redo or verify your CONNECTs and FROMs and change them to LIBs, creating new connections from Qlik Sense data load editor.

The syntax of expressions and functions in the script and charts will not change, although there are some new additions in Qlik Sense, my favorites being DECLARE and DERIVE.

antonikku
Contributor
Contributor

I have just tried to import a QlikView document (very simple, indeed) linked to a MS SQL table that I have to access through my SQL user and password.
All details of the SQL connection are stored in the QlikView document (which I refresh without enetring my credentials), and apparently the conversion got well, according to the QlikView converter, but after opening the Qlik Sense app, I have discovered that no data has been retrieved.

The message I have got says:

Connects other than LIB CONNECT are not available in this script mode.:ODBC CONNECT TO *** (XUserId is ***,XPassowrod is ***)

There is no open data connection.: SQL SELECT*FROM*"DB_TEST".dbo.TestQlik

I suppose that I can't do anything else to convert this QlikView doc into a Qlik Sense app.