Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teele
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView fonts too 'square'

Hello!

1) I have a question about the fonts in QlikView. At first I used Arial on the charts, but the client wasn't satisfied with the charts as the text looked too 'square' on them, especially when printed out. I tried all of the fonts in QlikView, but every single of them looked either fuzzy or square. In my opinion, Verdana looked the best, but they wasn't satisfied with that either. Is there a way to make the text appear on charts as smooth and clear as in Excel?

I attached a file where you can find an example of my chart in QV (used font Verdana that is too 'square') and an example of an Excel chart which has that kind of text I'd like to have on my QV charts - smooth and clear when printed out.

2) The another question I'm struggling with is that some of the data labels are not shown on the stacked chart in QV. In the attached file you can also see that in QV the values on the right don't fit on the graph, but in Excel there is an opportunity to put the values manually in the right place (don't mind that the data is different). Is there a way to do the same in QV?

Do  you have any idea what I could solve these 2 questions?

Thanks a lot!

Teele

Labels (2)
2 Replies
lfetensini
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

1) The best font to use is: Segoe. Use some color like RGB(250,250,250) or 240 instead pure black.

2) The caracters have "middle" alingment by bars. Always in the middle.
Support your colleagues. Remember to "like" the answers that are helpful to you and flag as "solved" the one that helped you solve. Cheers.
Josh_Berg_Support

Teele,

What version of Qlikview is your client using?  The reason I ask is in the 12.30 track, we changed the graphics engine to Skia Graphics engine which will provide cleaner and crisper fonts, take a look at Getting the Most Value of Of Qlikview November 2018 which has all the new changes in the latest release of Qlikview.

Thanks,

Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.